Suttons Primary School
Tel. No. 01708 443393
Temporary Learning Support Assistant (LSA) – SEN
To work 1:1 with a SEN child.
Grade 1/2 (Point 1-5)
20 hours per week x 39 weeks per year (pro-rata)
This position is ongoing whilst the child remains in the school
Commencing As soon as possible.
Suttons Primary School is a vibrant emerging two-form entry primary in the heart of Hornchurch. We opened our brand new state of the art school building in January 2017. We have strengths in Music, French, the Arts and mental health. We are committed to supporting children’s emotional wellbeing.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Learning Support Assistant who strives to give children the best start in life. The successful candidate will have experience of working with pupils with ADHD, ASD, Learning Difficulties or Emotional Behaviour Disorders and/or experience of working in mainstream classrooms and delivering intervention programmes.
The successful applicants will be expected:
- To take every opportunity to develop pupils' language, reading, numeracy and related skills as directed by class teachers;
- To assist in recording systematically the progress of individual pupils in accordance with school procedures;
- To monitor pupils' performance and use results to further support work with pupils;
- To give oral and written feedback to pupils on their attainment and progress in order to promote further progress;
- To work with the teachers to identify and respond appropriately to pupils' individual needs, assisting pupils in areas of specific difficulty;
- To be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team;
- To share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and other professionals
- To support pupils in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom.
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- enthusiastic and well behaved learners;
- a welcoming French speaking school where children are happy, safe and well-behaved;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well-resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website for further details: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and submitting an application form.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Thursday 20th May 2021 - 9am
Shortlisting Date: Friday 21st May 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 27th May 2021
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.