Rise Park Academy Trust
Rise Park Infant School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C. Fox
1 x Learning Support Assistant – Reception
Temporary contract (named pupil)
17.5 hours (12PM – 3:30PM)
APTC 2-3 Points 3-6 – depending on experience
Start Date: September 2021
Rise Park Infant School is part of Rise Park Academy Trust, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic learning support assistant (LSA) to join our successful team to work with a named Reception pupil throughout the lunch hour and during afternoon lessons.
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience of working with Early years and KS1 children and are qualified, or working towards, NVQ2 level or above.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in working with pupils with additional needs, including challenging behaviour.
- Able to contribute to ensuring our lunchtime is a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs.
- Proactive, well-organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other LSAs.
- Able to engage and enthuse the named pupil to participate in lessons.
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement.
- Flexible and able to work well as part of a team.
We can offer:
- A well-resourced learning environment
- A cohesive and enthusiastic staff team
- Polite and motivated pupils
- Support and commitment to continuing professional development
- A positive, engaged wider school community.
Please apply online.
The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks (DBS) disclosure check. Rise Park Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Rise Park Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6h August 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 30th August 2021
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council