REAch2 Academy Trust
Langtons Junior Academy
Westland Avenue, Hornchurch, Essex RM11 3SD
Tel: 01708 442013
Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant
Hours: 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8:30am - 3:15pm) Term Time Only
Grade: NJC Havering Pay Scale Points SCP 2 to 3
Salary: £21,030 - £21,408 p.a pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our successful school. The successful candidate will work across the school, supporting in classes and delivering targeted intervention programmes.
Applications are welcome from candidates who are qualified with NVQ level 2 or above.
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, well-organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other colleagues Able to engage and enthuse pupils, encouraging independence in their learning
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement
- Have a track record of being an excellent practitioner
- Flexible and work well as part of a team
- Confident in using IT.
- A good school (Ofsted November 2018) Pupils and staff tell me that they are a family who learn together
- A friendly learning environment with polite and motivated pupils
- A friendly and enthusiastic staff team and a positive, engaged wider school community
- Support and commitment to continuing professional development.
We encourage all candidates to visit the school. Please contact the school office on 01708 442013 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Please complete the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application pack also available at www.langtonsjunioracademy.co.uk
Closing date: Thursday 7th October 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 11th October 2021
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council.