Benhurst Primary School
Benhurst Avenue, Elm Park, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 4QS
Tel: 01708 450807
Website: www.benhurst.havering.sch.uk Twitter:@BenhurstPrimary
Head teacher: Mrs K Hart BSc (Hons)
Numbers on roll: 416
We are looking for a new Classroom Teacher, could this be you?
Contract: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
Start Date: December 2021
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about helping children to fulfil their potential;
- is versatile and committed to a high standard of support for all children;
- is motivated and able to engage with other professionals to raise standards and enrich the curriculum;
- will promote and support pupil independence;
- Enjoys their work, has a good sense of humour and is open and flexible to new ideas.
What you can offer us:
- An enthusiasm and passion for Exellence
- Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours within the workplace
- Desire to help all pupils succeed
- Compassionate towards the needs of the pupils
- Ability to plan effectively to enable multi-tasking
- Creative, optimistic and able to adapt your style to capture pupils learning interests
- Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the School
- Organisation and efficiency
- A sense of humour
What we can offer you:
- A supportive team
- Pupils who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- The chance to work in a fantastic school community
- A well experienced, qualified and forward thinking team
- Opportunities for professional development
We are part of the LIFE Education Trust who support schools to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for staff.
Everyone needs to find their purpose. At the LIFE Education Trust our mission is to build great learning communities which unleash creativity and champion optimism, in a spirit of compassion. To accomplish our mission, we use our 3 core beliefs:
- Courageous optimism
- Boundless creativity
- Heartfelt compassion
These beliefs are at the centre of everything we do. We live and breathe them.
To find out why we are so proud of Benhurst Primary School, visit our website: www.benhurst.havering.sch.uk or check us out on Twitter @BenhurstPrimary
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Vicky Smith, LIFE Education Trust Head of HR.
Closing date: 9:00am Friday 22nd October 2021
Interviews will be held promptly after.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date.
Benhurst Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council.