Suttons Primary School
Tel. No. 01708 443393
Post: Midday Assistant MDA
Pay Range: Scale 1/2
Actual salary: £4,998 - £5,368 p.a.
Hours: 10hr 25mins per week
Commencing: December/January 2022
Purpose of role:
A Midday Assistant (MDA) is part of a team of people who are responsible for pupil supervision during the midday break. The post holder will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by the duty member of the Senior Leadership Team and the MDA Manager.
During the midday break the Midday Assistant will be responsible for ensuring:
- The transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated area during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime.
- The supervision and support of pupils whilst they eat.
- The promotion and supervision of positive and active play and pupil relationships.
- Health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training).
- Pupil discipline and behaviour management.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Midday Assistant who strives to give children the best start in life. The successful candidate will be responsible to the MDA Manager and will:
- Have a proven record of and can demonstrate a passion for children’s learning through consistently high quality interactions;
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team;
- Share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and other professionals;
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- enthusiastic and well behaved learners, where children are happy and safe;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website for further details: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021 - 9am
Short listing Date: Monday 6th December 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 9th December 2021
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council.
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.