EMPOWER LEARNING ACADEMY TRUST
Hacton Primary School
Essex RM12 6AU
Tel: 01708 443991
Headteacher: Mrs Emily Leslie
Teaching Assistant 1- 1 SEN Support (Hearing Impaired Provision)
Hours: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Salary: Grade 1/2 Spinal Point 1 -5, £14,723 - £15,811 per annum (£20,658 - £22,185 FTE) (Inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Required for an immediate start
Initially this post is for a period of ONE YEAR on a FIXED TERM contract
We are looking to appoint an experienced and high calibre Teaching Assistant to work within our provision for hearing impaired pupils on a one to one basis with a child with SENs including a hearing impairment as soon as possible. If you possess the following skills, Hacton Primary School would like to hear from you:
- An NVQ 2 / 3 qualification in Primary Education and have at least Maths and Literacy GCSE at grade C or above.
- Experience in working with hearing impaired children.
- Knowledge of British Sign Language.
- Experience in helping develop children’s speech and language.
- Excellent team player.
- A calm, patient personality with good organisational skills.
- The ability to engage and motivate pupils and differentiate learning for SENs pupils where necessary.
- An enthusiastic, highly committed and flexible individual with excellent interpersonal skills and patience.
- A commitment to working as a member of a team, and also shows initiative to working independently.
Hacton Primary School will offer you:
- The chance to work and develop in an outstanding primary school
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated pupils who are eager to learn
- Supportive and friendly staff
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
- Staff assistance programme including virtual GP appointments, counselling service, legal services
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Staff discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
About Hacton Primary School
“The school provides an outstanding education for all pupils.” Ofsted
Deadline for applications
Please forward your completed application to Ms Yingqi Huang, HR Officer at email@example.com by Thursday 2nd December 2021. Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 13th December 2021
Informal visits to the department are very welcome by appointment.
For further information, please either ring the school office 01708-443991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
The Empower Learning Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer that is committed to safer recruitment. All applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council.