We are seeking a Science Technician to join our Science Faculty.
Duties will include the preparation of apparatus, materials and solutions and setting up equipment and apparatus for use in practical classes. You will also be expected to carry out demonstrations and support the teaching staff. You will be managed by a senior science technician.
The successful candidate will be an experienced technician with previous experience of working in a lab. They will be technically knowledgeable, well organised with excellent administration, and communication. They should also be familiar with Health & Safety and COSHH regulations and have a flexible approach to work.
Drapers’ Academy is a vibrant place to work and we are an ambitious school with high expectations of our staff and pupils. If you have the drive, enthusiasm and determination to ensure our pupils are successful and alongside this can inspire others to do the same, then our Science Faculty is right for you.
Drapers’ Academy has much to offer:
• A clear vision for our school to deliver high standards of education for its community
• State of the art campus surrounded by acres of countryside
• An environment that promotes innovation
• Committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Our own 6th Form dedicated to A Level teaching
• An employer who invests in the development of their staff with a commitment to your ongoing professional development
• Close proximity to the M25 (Junction 28, Brentwood) and the A12 for ease of access from London, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire and ample secure on-site parking
• Short bus journey from Harold Wood (Cross Rail) train station
• Committed sponsors – The Drapers Company and Queen Mary University of London
Closing date for applications: Sunday 30th June 2019
References will be requested as part of the short-listing process.
Further information regarding our school can be found at www.drapersacademy.com
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Sue Lucey, Principal’s PA firstname.lastname@example.org
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.