THE JAMES OGLETHORPE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Ashvale Gardens, Upminster, Essex, RM14 3NB
Telephone: 01708 225 202
Headteacher: Mrs H Durrant
Grade: Grade 1/2 spinal point 1 - 5
Salary: £20,103 to £21,591 (F/T amount)
£17,079 to £18,343 (Pro-Rata amount)
Hours: Monday to Friday – 7.45 am to 3.45 pm (36 hours per week with 45 min lunch break)
Weeks: Term time only + 5 inset days
We are seeking for an Administrator Assistant to work on our Reception Desk within our busy school office. This role is often the first point of contact for all our visitors and therefore the ideal candidate would be expected to demonstrate an exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers.
We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively with people in person, via the telephone or email. To deal with queries regarding the on-line dinner system (sQuid) and run reports (training will be given). To be able to administer First Aid (training will be given if necessary) in the event of accident or injury and for the completion of relevant documentation according to school procedures.
The Administrator Assistant will be responsible for the receipt of, sorting and distributing incoming messages, post and deliveries and to collect and dispatch outgoing mail and packages. To support the school with arrangement of events which may include (but not exclusively) educational trips and concerts. To use computerised management information systems and/or paper based filing systems to enter, record and retrieve data.
The skills and qualities we look for in an Administrative Assistant include:
- Previous experience of working within a school in a similar capacity (desirable)
- Competence using the school’s SIMS system
- A full range of secretarial skills including typing, copying, recording, filing and creating documents using a range of computer programmes (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- Ability to handle a wide range of administrative and organisational issues calmly, efficiently and to tight deadlines
- A positive, resourceful and calm disposition ready to deal with the challenges of a school reception
- Provide a positive experience for visitors to the school and deliver excellent customer service Visits to the school are welcome by appointment with the Headteacher.This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.Closing date: Noon on Friday, 26th July 2019
- If you have not been notified by Tuesday, 30th July, you have been unsuccessful in your application.
- Interviews: Week beginning 29th July 2019
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council