La Salette Catholic Primary
scale 3 points 5-6
La Salette Catholic School
Part Time/Term Time
30 hours per week.
01/09/2019 at 12:00 PM
La Salette Catholic Primary School Dunedin Road,
Tel: 01708 555554
Headteacher. Mr. A.S Wilson
SEND Teaching Assistant
Grade Scale 3, Points 5-6 (salary £14871-£15140 pro rata)
30 hours x 38 weeks
Temporary Termly Contract
Required for: 9th September 2019 until 31 December 2019(although start date negotiable if period of notice is required)
La Salette Catholic Primary School is a vibrant, child-centred and welcoming school. We are looking for a member of staff to work as part of our dedicated team in raising standards for our children and bringing them to their full potential. The role is primarily supporting ASD and high needs children in EYFS/ KS1 setting. The successful applicant will be flexible, versatile and have experience of supporting high needs children.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is enthusiastic, confident, committed and able to show initiative;
- Is experienced in supporting pupils at all levels of ability and ages particularly SEND children;
- Is able to support children both academically and with social and personal needs;
- Is an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- Enjoys working as part of a wider team;
- Possesses good literacy and numeracy skills;
- Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration;
- Would preferably hold an NVQ L2 qualification or qualifications for supporting SEND.What we can provide:
- A Catholic ethos at the heart of all we do;
- Continued professional development and training;
- A supportive and caring team;
- Clear structures and procedures;
- Good communication and support in your role.Closing date for applications: 1st September 2019Therefore, if you have not received an invitation to interview by one week after the closing date your application will have been unsuccessful. It is not possible to contact each individual applicant.
- To apply online please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com
- Interviews: Friday, 6th September 2019
- He/she will be able to work under the guidance of the Headteacher, SENCO and the class teacher, but also be able to show initiative. Please contact the school if you need any further information.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council