Elm Park Primary School
South End Road
Tel: 01708 451463
Headteacher: Ms. Victoria Morris
School Keeper required
Part Time – Permanent Post
Grade 3 SP 5 - 9
Actual salary - £11,996 - £12,882
20 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (6:30am-10:30am)
Required for end of September 2019
Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic school keeper who will be responsible for opening the school each morning, as well as working as part of a team to support the cleaning of the school building.
Our new school keeper would be required to:
- work early mornings 6:30-10:30am each day;
- be confident in opening up a school site at the start of each day;
- managing other cleaners who work on a split shift system, morning and early evening
- demonstrate exemplary standards of cleaning;
- be able to work independently and use their own initiative to complete a range of cleaning and maintenance tasks;
- be a good team player
- work hard and be enthusiastic about their work.
In return we can offer:
- enthusiastic cleaning team and site manager
- modern, purpose built school building
- a motivated and supportive leadership and staff team;
- relevant training to support effective cleaning programmes within the school
Elm Park Primary School is situated south of Havering and is a two form entry Primary School. If you are looking for the opportunity to make your contribution to a forward looking primary school and would enjoy the chance to work in a modern, purpose built school building, we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Ashlea Stevenson, School Business Manager, for more information or for an appointment to make an informal visit.
Closing date for applications is by 3:30pm on Thursday 12th September 2019
Interviews will take place on Monday 16th September 2019.
Elm Park Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Everybody who works for the school is expected to promote and share this commitment.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council