The Learning Federation
Broadford Primary School & Mead Primary School
Tel: 01708 343616
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Leadership Points L29-L35 (Outer London) £82,704 - £95,306 per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
The Learning Federation currently comprises two large maintained primary schools located within a quarter of a mile of one another in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex in the London Borough of Havering. Both schools have been judged as ‘Good’ by OFSTED.
We have been established as a Federation since 2016 and have already established an excellent partnership working with a shared vision and strong values.
Children are at the centre of what we do: specifically encouraging children from some of the most disadvantaged communities in the area to achieve their true potential and enable them to succeed.
The vision of The Learning Federation is:
● No pupil’s educational success should be limited by their socio-economic background
● Our pupils should be reading confidently by age 6 so that they can access a rich curriculum
● We work closely with our community to achieve high standards in all we do
We want to help contribute to a world where all children and young people are given the opportunity to succeed, aspire and reach their own potential. Our mission is for every child to leave our schools equipped with the essential skills they need to participate effectively in our society and to become well-rounded, confident, happy adults.
We are now looking for an Executive Headteacher who is committed to taking forward the excellent work that has been done on developing our two primary schools in recent years.
We are looking for someone who:
● Puts children at the heart of everything they do
● Has been an inspiring senior leader with a proven track record in leading school improvement
● Has experience in managing the performance of staff and cultivating highly-motivated teams, who recognises and rewards excellent practice
● Is an excellent communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others
● Is committed to their own continued professional development and providing skilled mentoring and coaching to other potential future leaders.
We can offer:
● Two friendly, supportive and welcoming schools with positive pupils who enjoy learning in a safe environment
● A strong leadership and pastoral team
● The opportunity to further improve school performance and consolidate the excellent work that has been done to establish the Federation
● A team of conscientious, committed and enthusiastic staff members, who work together to provide the best education and support for our pupils
Our information pack contains full details about this opportunity. If you have any queries or would like to make an appointment to visit our schools, please do not hesitate to contact Christine MacPherson, Federation School Business Manager on 01708 343616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online.
Closing date: 19th September 2019
Interview date: 26th September 2019
The Learning Federation is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
The Learning Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to two satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure. Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.