Nelmes Primary School
Essex RM11 3BX
Telephone: 01708 447676
Head Teacher: Kirsten Cooper
SEND Teaching Assistant
Hours: 22.5 hours per week in class and 5 hours per week midday supervision
Grade: Grade 1/2 points 1-5
Salary: £20,103 - £21,591 full time salary
Contract: Temporary 31st August 2020
Required for end of September/early October, we are looking to appoint a committed and experienced teaching assistant to work with pupils with Education and Health Care Plans.
At Nelmes Primary School we are committed to supporting and encouraging children across the whole curriculum and we passionately believe that all children, regardless of their starting point, can and should be included in the day to day life of the school and achieve well.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who has at least an NVQ level 2 and ideally should have experience in the area of working with SEND pupils.
This Position requires the candidate to be;
- Proactive, well organised and willing to work collaboratively with all staff
- Able to engage and enthuse SEND pupils to participate in lessons
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Enthusiastic, confident and able to use their initiative
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- To be patient and empathetic
- Demonstrate reliability and commitment to the school and children
Nelmes is an Outstanding school and can offer you:
- a caring, warm and friendly school with happy, well behaved and motivated children;
- professional development opportunities within school and an experienced team to offer advice and support
- an opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards and creating an inclusive learning environment for all children
Please apply online.
Closing date: Friday 13th September 2019
Interviews to be held in week beginning 16th September 2019
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council