Head of ICT
TPS (Outer London) + TLR 2b £4530
Required: January 2020
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective, dynamic, forwarding thinking candidate to lead and promote the ICT department. The appointed applicant will help drive Information and Communication Technology on to greater success. The ICT department is a creative, forward thinking and supportive department committed to raising standards. At KS4 we deliver the Cambridge National in Information Technologies to three classes across Y10 & Y11.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to teach KS3 and 4 with a proven track record of examination success
- Be able to lead, manage and set priorities for the development of ICT at both key stages
- Set high standards within and beyond the department.
- Be fully responsible for the day to day running of their subject area and strategic long term planning to bring about continued success.
- Be able to inspire our students and aim to organise the achievement through a creative curriculum.
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Secondary school in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic students. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy. If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 4th October 2019.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council