Gidea Park Primary School
Essex, RM2 5AJ
TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED (Developed Level) EYFS/KS 1
Temporary Role from January 2020 for 1 year.
This is a temporary contract initially with a view to converting to a permanent contract in the future.
30 hours a week term time only
Grade: G3 Spinal Points 5 to 9
Actual Salary: £14,872 - £15,971 p.a.
Start Date: 6th January 2020
Gidea Park is a friendly, successful primary school in need of a caring and committed teaching assistant to join our supportive Early Years / KS 1 team. In this role, you will be required to work initially 1:1 with a Special Needs child. Followed by working with groups in class and also take the lead in managing small groups of pupils for specific interventions as required
Our successful candidates should be confident in working with children across the primary age range [4-11yrs]. However in the first instance, you will be required to work in KS 1.
- be a dedicated teaching assistant who is able to raise and sustain high standards
- have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents
- be able to enthuse and inspire children
- contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team and work under your own initiative
- be versatile and flexible with a commitment to continuous professional development
- have experience of comparable work in a similar setting and hold at least NVQ2 or equivalent
We can offer you:
- a strong community ethos with staff who are friendly and work closely as a team
- a strong commitment to supporting continuous professional development
- staff who are recognised for their enthusiastic and rigorous approach to teaching and learning
- well behaved children who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to visit, please contact Mrs Frances Harris via the school office (tel: 01708 743801, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to arrange a time to show you around.
Closing date for applications: 12pm, Tuesday 26th November 2019
Interviews will be held on Friday 6th December 2019
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council