Rise Park Academy Trust
Rise Park Junior School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Fax: 01708 742232
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C. Fox
KS2 Learning Support Assistant - required for a pupil with SEN
Hours: 17.5 hours per week (12pm - 3:30pm) 39 weeks per year
Grade: APTC 2 - APTC 3 points 3-6 (depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £8,605 - £9,078 per annum
Contract: Temporary with named pupil
Required for January 2020
Rise Park Junior School is part of Rise Park Academy Trust, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic learning support assistant (LSA) to join our successful team to work with a named KS2 pupil throughout the lunch hour and during afternoon lessons.
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience of working with KS2 children and are qualified, or working towards, NVQ2 level or above.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in working with pupils with behavioural needs.
- Able to contribute to ensuring our lunchtime is a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs.
- Proactive, well organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other LSAs.
- Able to engage and enthuse the named pupil to participate in lessons.
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement.
- Flexible and able to work well as part of a team.
We can offer:
- A well-resourced learning environment.
- A cohesive and enthusiastic staff team.
- Polite and motivated pupils.
- Support and commitment to continuing professional development.
- A positive, engaged wider school community.
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4th December 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 9th December 2019
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks (DBS) disclosure check. Rise Park Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Rise Park Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council