Langtons Infant School
Head Teacher: Miss E Page
Teaching and Learning Assistant
Grade: Grade 1/2 Points 1 - 5
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Actual Salary: £10,385 - £11,154 p.a. plus TA2 allowance of £201 p.a.
Plus First Aid Allowance of £65 p.a.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 31 January 2020 at 12 noon
Start: Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a committed and experienced teaching assistant to work with pupils, supporting their teaching and learning in the classroom. You will be expected to encourage and support pupils with their day to day learning. You will work closely with the class teacher to create a focused learning environment for our children. You should have a patient and calm attitude and work well as part of a team.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience working with young children with special educational needs
- Be able to engage and enthuse pupils to access learning
- Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Support pupils in developing effective communication skills and will have experience of using PECS and other communication support
- Use strategies to encourage the pupils' independence
- Help pupils in developing social awareness and forming friendships
- Be positive in outlook and flexible and adaptable to the needs of the children and in the classroom setting; be patient, calm and resilient
- Take directions from the class teacher but also be willing to use their own initiative
- Undertake training as necessary
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Specific training in relation to supporting pupils will be given
- The role will also include lunchtime first aid support
In return we can offer:
- A caring, warm and friendly school with happy, well behaved and motivated children
- Professional development opportunities within school and an experienced team to offer advice and support
- An opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards and creating an inclusive environment for all children
Please apply online only.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2020 at 12 noon
Shortlisted applicants invited for interview will be contacted by email.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council