SQUIRRELS HEATH INFANT SCHOOL
Location: Squirrels Heath Infant School,
Romford, RM2 5TP
Head Teacher Mrs Julie White
Tel 01708 446476
Home School Support Worker to start 20th April 2020
Hours 8.30am – 3.30pm x 2 days a week (Thursday and Friday)
Salary: Grade 4 scp 10 -15 Salary £7046- £7703 pro rata
Squirrels Heath Infant School is a happy and caring community where all are valued and supported to be the best they can be. We promote a love of learning, develop creative thinking and recognise the interests of our pupils through high quality learning experiences carefully tailored to meet each unique child.
Our pupils leave us as confident, independent and passionate learners well prepared for success at school and beyond.
At Squirrels Heath Infant School we are committed to safeguarding children and young people and we expect everyone who works in our school to share this commitment. Adults in our school take all welfare concerns seriously and encourage children and young people to talk to us about anything that worries them.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has relevant experience and expertise in child and family support
- Is flexible, organised and a committed team player
- Has excellent inter personal skills and the ability to relate to children and adults
- Has previous experience in an educational setting
- May have some experience of the Early Help process
You would be required to:
- Work alongside the Student and Family Support Team and Pupil Premium Lead to provide targeted support for identified pupils and families
- Coordinate and help lead termly events to help strengthen partnerships between the school and families
- Develop a 1:1 relationship and act as a mentor to identified parents and pupils
- Be a visible and approachable member of the school team
- Support families experiencing barriers at home typical of the development of young children, such as sleep and eating issues
- Work with families to improve school attendance
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the range of services available within the local area that could be drawn upon to support families
- Participate in professional networks and attend local training
If you would like to come and join our passionate team of practitioners or find out more about us contact the school office on 01708 446476 to arrange an informal visit
Head Teacher: Mrs J. White
Squirrels Heath Infant School
Romford RM2 5TP
Tel: 01708 446476
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th February 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020
Online applications only. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 28th February.
We are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates but thank you for your interest in this post.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council