St. Peter’s Catholic Primary School
Romford RM1 4JA
Tel: 01708 745506
Hours: 18 hours per week/39 weeks per year
Grade: Scale 3 (Pts 5-6). Actual Salary of £9,172 - £9,337 p.a. (FTE £21,591 - £21,981 p.a)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Governors are wishing to recruit an experienced and skilled Teaching Assistant with excellent numeracy and literacy skills to support a range of children with differing needs and abilities across the school.
St. Peter’s is currently extending to 2FE and enjoying the benefits of a beautiful new build and extended facilities. We maintain a friendly community, well-behaved, responsive pupils and very supportive parents and governors. Our staff are hard-working and committed to ensuring that our school aims are upheld and that every child’s well-being and safety is a priority.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the needs of all children including those with additional and SEND needs and how best to support them
- Be hard working and motivated to support children to achieve their potential
- Have high expectations of the children’s learning, behaviour and conduct
- Be confident in using a range of positive behaviour strategies to motivate children
- Be adaptable and flexible, working as part of a team
- Show initiative and the desire to be involved in all aspects of school life
- Uphold the values and ethos of our school aims and vision
Visits to the school are essential.
To arrange an appointment with the Headteacher or SENCO, please contact the school office.
Only those applicants who visit the school will be considered for shortlisting.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Noon Friday 28 February 2020
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council