Broadford Primary School
Tel: 01708 342880
Interim Head Teacher: Mr J McLucas
Hours: 30 hours per week/working 38 weeks per year
Salary: Grade 1/2, SCP 1-5. Pro Rata salary of £13,847 - £14,872 p.a. (FTE £20,103 - £21,591 p.a.)
At The Learning Federation we believe that a child’s socio-economic background should not be a barrier to success. We passionately believe that children who attend Broadford Primary School deserve the best education we can provide. We have fantastic pupils who are eager to learn and excited to turn up to school everyday.
We achieve this because we expect all staff to make the education of their pupils their first concern, and be accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. We expect staff to act professionally; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as educators up-to-date and be self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of our pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Teaching Assistant to take on a crucial role within our expanding school. The successful candidate should be an outstanding professional brimming with enthusiasm to make a real difference to the life chances of our pupils. Ideally you will have experience of working with children with special educational needs.
The ideal candidate will be a flexible team player full of energy and enthusiasm.
We are looking for candidates with the following characteristics;
- An innovative and creative practitioner with a drive and passion to ensure all children progress and achieve;
- Confidence in behaviour management;
- Knowledge of how to support children with SEN to make good progress and how to adapt your supporting methods to individual levels of need
- Enthusiasm for working with a range of children with differing needs and abilities;
- The ability to work with teachers, health and educational professionals and parents to ensure a collaborative approach to teaching and learning for children with SEN
- Ability to enthuse and inspire children;
- Initiative and a keenness to be involved in all aspects of Broadford School life;
We can offer you:
- Motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic pupils;
- An amazing and superbly resourced working and learning environment
- An inspiring, supportive school community;
- A commitment to a culture of continuous professional development
Please apply online.
Closing date: 12.00 Friday 28th February 2020
Interviews: 4th March 2020
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council