Benhurst Primary School
Tel: 01708 450807
Head teacher: Mr D. Denchfield BA (Hons) NPQH
Benhurst Primary School, part of The LIFE Education Trust, has an opportunity for an outstanding EYFS classroom practitioner to join our fantastic school. This position is open to NQTs and experienced teachers.
We are looking for a highly committed, enthusiastic and hard-working teacher to join our caring and dedicated EYFS team to make a difference to our children’s lives. We are a school with a very friendly, warm atmosphere where children are well-behaved and motivated learners. We work collaboratively with schools in Havering and Essex and are fully committed to the LIFE vision: “Dare to Achieve.”
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a 1 year contract (with the opportunity for an early start for NQTs), but could be extended to a permanent position following a successful year. We want to keep amazing teachers!
We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner who:
· is passionate about EYFS;
· is versatile and committed to a high standard of Learning and Teaching for all children;
· has AfL embedded in their teaching;
· effectively uses ICT to enhance the quality of learning;
· is thoughtful and caring and can get the best out of children;
· is motivated and able to engage with other professionals to raise standards and enrich the curriculum;
· will promote and support pupil independence;
· enjoys their work, has a good sense of humour and is open and flexible to new ideas.
We value our teachers and ensure they are provided with the necessary resources, support and CPD that will allow them to flourish. This includes:
· friendly and supportive staff and governors with very positive attitudes towards children and learning;
· a strong leadership team;
· weekly PPA with your year group colleague (additional time is also regularly provided);
· ongoing CPD at school (e.g. SMART training, Chrome Book training, internal/external moderation);
· external CPD;
· a laptop;
· an IPad Air;
· new SMART touchscreen boards and up to date SMART software in every classroom and intervention room; clean and tidy classrooms with new desks, chairs and a modern working wall.
What do our parents think of Benhurst? (2019 questionnaire - 238 responses)
My child is happy at Benhurst Primary School (100% agreed)
My child is safe at Benhurst Primary School (100% agreed)
My child is making good progress (100% agreed)
My child is well taught (100% agreed)
The technology at Benhurst enhances my child’s learning (100% agreed)
The school is led and managed effectively (100% agreed)
Benhurst deals effectively with bullying (98% agreed)
What do our staff think of Benhurst? (2019 questionnaire – 35 responses)
I am proud to be a member of Benhurst Primary School (100% agreed)
The school runs smoothly on a daily basis (100% agreed)
My contribution to the school is valued (100% agreed)
Children are recognised for their achievement at school (100%)
Children are safe at Benhurst (100% agreed)
My workload is manageable (97% agreed)
The school is well led (100% agreed)
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council.
How to apply
Informal visits to the school are strongly advised and can be arranged by contacting the Headteacher, David Denchfield, by phone (01708 463344) or email (email@example.com).
Applications can be found at: http://www.benhurst.havering.sch.uk/information/staff-vacancies
and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 20th March. The school reserves the right to interview prior to the closing date.