RAINHAM VILLAGE PRIMARY SCHOOL & NURSERY
Upminster Road South
Telephone 01708 552482
To start SEPTEMBER 2020
Salary range : Group 3 Leadership Scale L18-L24
Group 3 school NOR 449 (The London Borough of Havering has committed plans to expand the school to 3 form entry).
Do you have a compelling vision for the future of education and strong leadership skills?
Rainham Village Primary School and Nursery is located in the centre of Rainham Village and will be expanding in the coming years.
We are seeking to appoint a forward-thinking individual to lead our long established community school into its next phase of development.
We can offer you:
- an enthusiastic, confident and motivated group of children who show a love of their school
- a dedicated, highly competent and stable staff team, supported by parents and the wider community
- an excellent school environment with high quality resources
- the support of a professional and capable administration team
- a professional, experienced and supportive team of governors
Our new Headteacher will:
- be ready to create a vision for the school’s future
- show dynamism and a clear vision to take Rainham Village to outstanding
- bring new ideas, be accessible and lead by example
- enjoy developing and delivering a broad, balanced, innovative and creative curriculum
- have high expectations of pupil progress and behaviour
- communicate clearly, resolve conflict effectively and be emotionally resilient under pressure
- demonstrate strategic thinking about how to transform vision into practical action
- have a proven track record of making a positive and tangible impact on pupils’ learning in a leadership role
We pride ourselves on our close-knit friendly school community in this long established village school. Our pupils come from diverse backgrounds and always want to achieve their best.
We will be happy to show interested applicants around the school. Please contact Mrs. Reynolds, the School Business Manager, on 01708 552482 to book one of the following dates:
Thursday 26th March 2020 between 9-11am
Tuesday 31st March 2020 between 4-6pm
Please visit our website www.rainhamvillage.havering.sch.uk
Closing dates for applications is Monday 6th April 2020
Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 7th April 2020
Interview date is Friday 24th April 2020
Applications are welcomed from existing Headteachers and Deputy Headteachers
We are committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council