St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01708 448430
Diocese of Brentwood
Grade 2 Teaching Assistant
Hours: 30 hours per week/39 weeks per year (Term Time only)
Salary: Scale 2 points 3-4. Actual Salary £14,851- £15,118 p.a. (£20,835 - £21,210 FTE)
Contract: 1 fixed-term contract to provide 1:1 support for named pupil, with the provision to extend on a rolling basis
We are a nurturing community where children are encouraged to be Christ-like in their daily lives.
St Mary’s is a thriving Catholic school which is held in high regard within the local community. We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Teaching Assistant wishing to join our team of passionate staff.
The successful candidate will be:
- A practising Catholic or be fully supportive in promoting the Catholic ethos of the school:
- The role will provide 1:1 support to a pupil with Special Educational Needs.
- Able to work as part of a team, share good practice and collaborate with others;
- Willing to participate in the rich extra-curricular life of the school;
- Willing to learn, flexible in their approach and have a sense of humour;
We can offer you:
- A happy school which is well supported by parents and governors;
- Brilliant, enthusiastic and well behaved pupils, eager to attend school and engage with learning;
- A friendly, highly committed and supportive staff team;
- Good opportunities for continuing professional development;
- Excellent partnerships with our parish and wider community;
Please apply online.
Interviews on: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Please contact Mrs McLeavy on 01708 448430, in our friendly school office, to arrange a school visit.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Check is required for the successful candidate.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council