The Growing Together Federation
Crowlands Primary School and Newtons Primary School
Executive Headteacher: Hayley McClenaghan
Crowlands Primary School
London Road Romford RM7 9EJ. Tel: 01708 743402
Newtons Primary School
Lowen Road Rainham RM13 8QR. Tel: 01708 558613
Growing together, Learning forever. Together we reach for our personal best!
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Leadership points 19-27
Start Date: January 2021
Governors and the Executive Headteacher are looking to appoint Headteachers in both of our schools for January 2021. Both of our schools are LA maintained schools and are judged to be good schools by Ofsted.
We are seeking to appoint Headteachers who can continue to drive school improvement to secure the best outcomes for our pupils by putting their needs and wellbeing at the centre of all decision making. Our pupils deserve the very best we can offer and strengthening the capacity of the Senior Leadership team is key to ensuring they receive the very best from all staff members.
Are you the Headteacher we are looking for?
Can you work in partnership with the Executive Headteacher to:-
- Ensure all our pupils and staff reach their personal best.
- Put the needs of our pupils at the centre of all decision making.
- Deliver the vision of the federation in all classrooms.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Manage the performance of all staff and ensure high expectations are held by all staff.
- Effectively lead a range of high performing teams.
- Manage finances and resources to ensure our curriculum delivers the best outcomes for all of our pupils.
- Build on existing excellent practise and identify key school improvement targets.
- Use self-evaluation to further improve the capacity of leadership, teaching and support staff teams.
- Maintain effective partnerships with parents.
- Ensure all stakeholders have high aspirations of all pupils.
- Guarantee that all pupils have the skills, knowledge and attributes to thrive in an as yet unknown modern Britain.
We can offer you:-
- An effective Governing Body.
- Enthusiastic pupils who strive to do their best.
- Coaching and Mentoring from the Executive Headteacher.
- Established links with Cluster schools.
- Access to support from the Havering Academy of Leadership.
- Opportunities to work with staff across the federation.
- Dedicated hard working staff teams.
- An exciting aspirational curriculum offer.
- A commitment to maintaining your health and wellbeing
- A commitment to your own further professional development
This is an exciting opportunity to join us and be part of the future proofing and further growth of our federation. If you consider that you are leader with a demonstrable track record of school improvement, we welcome your application.
Due to the current climate during the pandemic access to the school is limited, please call Hayley McClenaghan Executive Headteacher to discuss the role in more detail and to arrange a visit.
Please also look at our websites and see if our Federation and this opportunity is right for you.
Please call either of the schools to arrange a conversation with Hayley McClenaghan Executive Headteacher 01708743402 01708558613.
Please apply online.
Closing date for Applications: 1st July 2020
Interviews: 7th July 2020
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council