Suttons Lane, Hornchurch, RM12 6RT
Tel: 01708 443068
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Hours: 8.00 am – 3.45 pm. 4 days a week (28.5 hours)
Salary: Scale 2 Points 3-4. Actual Salary of £14,013 to £14,266.
Fixed term 3rd Sept - 24th July 2021
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive with excellent interpersonal skills
- Well organised, highly efficient and able to take initiative
- Able to provide outstanding admin support
Required for a September start an excellent Receptionist / Administrative Admin is required.
Providing receptionist service to the school and Admin support to the school’s administrative functions.
To act as Receptionist and Administrative Assistant in the school office. To assist the Senior Management Team, Admin Team, Student Services and Attendance Officer and Teachers by providing support for a range of office functions as required and appropriate to the role.
To carry out duties commensurate with the post, as a member of the office support staff and whole school team.
You will be responsible for the efficient and effective organisation of school processes including student admissions and inputting and amending student data.
You must be able to manage completing priorities, be a team player and an eye for attention to detail is essential, you will also promote a friendly positive image of the school.
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature will also be required.
1. Providing receptionist service to the school, including:
- Welcoming, receiving, signing in and dealing with and directing staff, pupils, parents, school governors, school visitors and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Managing the staff, pupil, parents and visitor school entry system
- Operating the school’s main telephone, transferring calls, or taking and delivering messages as appropriate
- Managing the school’s enquires inbox, replying, forwarding messages and making appointments for staff as appropriate
- adding and removing content as appropriate
- Updating the school calendar, adding and removing content as appropriate
- Supporting with updating of the school’s website, adding and removing content as appropriate
2. Providing admin support to the school’s administrative functions, including but exclusively:
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail for delivery to appropriate staff
- Recording, stamping and posting outgoing mail
- Routine word processing, as and when required
- Assisting with the administration of Statutory Free School Meals and other local and global school meals schemes
- Assisting in the maintenance of the school’s filing and archiving systems
- General clerical and administrative tasks such as photocopying, printing, faxing, laminating etc.
- Reporting equipment faults e.g. printer and photocopier, laminator, telephone and fax system etc. and other equipment to relevant companies which whom the school has service and maintenance agreements, including following up on and taking steps to ensure the faults are resolved in a timely manner
- Monitoring school stock levels and making stock orders
- Receiving and checking stock orders by matching Delivery Notes with Purchase Orders and informing Finance of any discrepancies including chasing up missing items, returning damaged items etc.
- Organising the storage of stock orders
- Assisting in generating statutory and non-statutory reports and returns to the Governors, Trust and government as required, in a timely manner, meeting deadlines
For further details on this varied, challenging and exciting opportunity please contact Justin Barrett on 01708 730141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit an application on line by 9am on Monday 17th August 2020
Interviews will take place on Thursday 20th August at Sanders School
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be required
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council