Parklands Infant School
Havering Road, Romford, Essex RM1 4QX
Tel: 01708 746806
Head Teacher: Margy Bushell
Deputy Head Teacher
Salary: Intital Salary £54,572 L10 - L15
Start Date: January 1st 2021
Parklands Infants School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher due to the retirement of the current post holder. We are a large four form of entry school with a ninety plus nursery with children from the age of two years. We also offer out of school provision in the form of breakfast and afterschool clubs. The attractive site is shared with the junior school, is situated on the outskirts of Romford with good transport links and within easy reach of local forests and country parks.
The governors would like candidates, due to the retirement of the Head Teacher and the Deputy Head Teacher, to be aware of the obligation from the LA to consider options around the future school organisation. However, governors are keen to make a successful appointment during this time as we feel it is a pivotal role for our pupils and would be more than happy to discuss further. Please contact the Chair of Governors via the school office to arrange an informal discussion.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a Good school with Outstanding elements with a great team of colleagues
- Exceptionally well behaved, polite and enthusiastic children
- The opportunity to make a real contribution to school development
- A creative environment and curriculum that supports and enhances our values, vision and inclusive ethos
- An attractive and well -resourced school with excellent transport links
- Dedicated leadership time and ongoing commitment to your own development
The governing Body of Parklands Infants and Nursery School would like to appoint someone who:
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner who has Qualified Teacher Status with high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Has experience of teaching across the primary sector particularly in Key Stage One and The Foundation Stage
- Will embrace the creative, flexible curriculum in place and assist in developing this further
- Has enthusiasm for outdoor learning, using the local environment and being part of a Forest School
- Will work as part of the Leadership team to drive and lead school improvement
- Has proven experience of successful leadership and management
- Has vision, energy, honesty and loyalty and can inspire and motivate staff and children
- Has excellent organisational, interpersonal, communication skills and is a team player
- Can analyse a range of data in order to contribute to strategic planning
- Is proactive in their own ‘Learning Journey’ and development
- Is excited by the opportunities that Parklands Infants School offers
Please contact the school for an application pack or further details by either email or telephone
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 1st October 2020 - 12pm
Interview Date: Week beginning 12th October 2020
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council