Tel 01708 225186
Head Teacher: Mrs N Sansom
Class Teacher Maternity Cover Year 2
Hours: Full Time
Grade: Main Pay Scale
Contract: Temporary - Maternity cover
To Start: 19th October 2020
Required from Monday 19th October 2020
Mainscale Pay Range
We are looking for an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher to join our fantastic Year 2 team. You will need to:
- be a team player who is committed to achieving high standards, and well organised with good interpersonal skills;
- have a proven record of being an excellent primary classroom practitioner and be able to demonstrate a passion for children's learning through consistently high quality interactions;
- be committed to working in partnership with children, staff, parents/carers and other professionals;
- have a clear understanding of children's development, including knowledge of the phonics screening test and end of KS1 SATs.
We can offer:
- A welcoming, supportive and friendly staff;
- An exciting and well-resourced working environment;
- Enthusiastic and polite learners who value each other and the school;
- Parents and carers who recognise the commitment of staff;
- CPD tailored to your individual needs;
- Opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
OFSTED November 2018 said:
“This school continues to be good. Pupils are proud of their school and behave well. They told inspectors that the school is a ‘very friendly place to be’, and that teachers motivate them to ‘work hard’ and ‘try new challenges’, including in art, sport and music. Pupils benefit from many opportunities to contribute to school life, as peer mentors, house captains and through the school council. Pupils appreciate these opportunities and are keen to take on responsibility.”
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in our care and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be offered a position subject to enhanced DBS check and references.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 21st September 2020 - 12 noon.
Interview Date: 24th September 2020.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council