Gidea Park Primary School
Lodge Avenue, Romford, Essex RM2 5AJ
Telephone: 01708 743801
Headteacher: Miss Pav Sharma
TEACHING ASSISTANT / MIDDAY ASSISTANT REQUIRED ASAP.
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, term time for 38 weeks per year
Grade : Grade 3 spinal points 5 to 9.
Actual Salary: £16,746 - £17,985 p.a.
Contract: Temporary one year contract with a view to a permanent contract in the future if possible.
Start Date: TBC
Gidea Park is a friendly, successful primary school in need of a caring and committed teaching assistant to join our supportive team. In this role, you may be required to work across all key stages or 1:1 with a pupil with SEND. This role will also involve working with groups or individuals in class and taking the lead in managing small groups of pupils for specific interventions as required. At lunch times, you will be part of our team who contribute to making this time happy, productive and safe for all of our children.
- be a dedicated teaching assistant who is able to raise and sustain high standards
- have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents
- be able to enthuse and inspire children
- contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team and work under your own initiative
- be versatile and flexible with a commitment to continuous professional development
- have experience of comparable work in a similar setting and hold at least NVQ2 or equivalent
- be confident working with pupils across the primary age range (5-11 yrs)
- Have a good understanding of the primary curriculum
- Understand the importance of safeguarding pupils and following school policies
We can offer you:
- a strong community ethos with staff who are friendly and work closely as a team
- a strong commitment to supporting continuous professional development
- staff who are recognised for their enthusiastic and rigorous approach to teaching and learning
- well behaved children who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children
Gidea Park Primary is committed to safeguarding our pupils and staff. This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosures Procedure.
Please either telephone the school office or email if you have any further queries.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th October 2020
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 11th November 2020 (Interviews will be held at the school maintaining social distance).
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council