Newtons Primary School
Lowen Road, Rainham, Essex RM13 8QR
Telephone: 01708 558613 Fax: 01708 554650
Executive Headteacher – Mrs H McClenaghan
Interim Headteacher – Mrs U Connolly
Together we reach for our personal best
Part Time Teacher
Hours: 3 days a week (Wed, Thus, Fri)
Salary: Teachers Main Pay Scale
Fixed Term Contract: January 2021 – August 2021
We are looking to appoint a recently qualified teacher to join our committed, supportive and enthusiastic team. We are a school that prides itself on ensuring our children have a broad and balanced curriculum where the promotion pupil well-being is considered of great importance.
We are looking for a classroom teacher who:
- Can demonstrate outstanding teaching practice
- Has high expectations of pupil progress and attainment
- Can use assessment to track pupil progress
- Is passionate about teaching and is able to engage, motivate and challenge pupils
- Has good organisational skills and is always well-prepared
- Is reflective about their own performance and seeks advice when needed
- Has good interpersonal skills and enjoys being part of a team
- Wishes to participate fully in all aspects of school life
- Enjoys their work, has a good sense of humour and is open and flexible to new ideas
In return, the school can offer:
- Opportunities for high quality CPD tailored specifically to individuals
- The opportunity to work alongside a dedicated team of professionals
- Supportive parents and an effective governing body
- Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly pupils
Visitors to our school comment on the friendly, warm atmosphere and are quick to see that the children are well-behaved and motivated learners.
If you think that you have the drive, enthusiasm and skills necessary to fit into our school then please apply online.
Closing date: Monday 23rd November 2020 at mid-day.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council