SQUIRRELS HEATH INFANT SCHOOL
Romford, RM2 5TP
Head Teacher Mrs Julie White
Tel 01708 446476
Relief Cleaner - required to start as soon as possible
Location: Squirrels Heath Infant School, Salisbury Road, Romford, RM2 5TP
Hours: Working 2 hour shifts as required morning or evening
Salary: Grade 1/2 point 1-5
Hourly Rate: £12.34 - £13.25 per hour (Inc holiday pay)
Squirrels Heath Infant School is a happy and caring community where all are valued and supported to be the best they can be.
We promote a love of learning, develop creative thinking and recognise the interests of our pupils through high quality learning experiences carefully tailored to meet each unique child.
The overall aim of the cleaner role is to ensure that the internal school facilities are cleaned to the required standard as directed by the School Keeper.
- Ensuring that cleaning standards are met throughout the school
- Spot and full mopping
- Vacuuming of carpeted areas including barrier matting
- Damp dust /polishing of surfaces, fixtures and fittings
- Cleaning of internal glazing
- Cleaning of WC’s and other sanitary fixtures and fittings
- Replenishment of consumables
- Removal of waste from internal litter bins
- Any other duties as required (as per the cleaning schedule) to ensure a clean environment is provided, including but not exhaustive of hygienic cleaning to communal areas
- Be flexible in shift pattern to cover colleagues absences due to sickness and annual leave
- Previous Cleaning experience desirable, however training will be give to suitable applicant
- Proactive approach
- Good communication skills
- Amenable and approachable personality
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
Please apply online.
Closing date: Wednesday 9th December 2020 - 12 noon.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council