Teacher of Technology TPS (Outer London)
Required: September 2021
Applications from NQTs are welcome
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, outstanding and innovative professional to become part of the Technology Faculty. You will be committed to achieving high standards of teaching and learning through the delivery of interesting and innovative lessons that will inspire, develop and foster independence in our pupils. The Technology Faculty is a creative, forward thinking and supportive department committed to raising standards.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate a passion for all subject areas of Technology and the ability to engage pupils with a variety of teaching strategies.
- Have the ability to inspire, lead and challenge pupils to the best outcomes.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner; committed to achieving and sustaining high standards of Learning and Teaching.
- Have a rigorous and inventive approach to the delivery of lessons in all subject areas of Technology across both KS3 and KS4 and be enthusiastic with the ability to inspire our pupils.
- Have outstanding classroom management skills, high expectations and a commitment to the best possible outcomes for all pupils.
- Be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to work with other, high achieving professionals.
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines under pressure.
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Secondary school in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic pupils. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy. If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney on 01708 475285 ext 222. Closing date for applications: 21st April 2021.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council