La Salette Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01708 555554
Headteacher: Mr. A.S Wilson
School Office Assistant
Hours: 12.5 hours x 38 weeks
Salary: Scale 3, points 5-6. Pro Rata Salary of £6,441 - £6,558 p.a. (FTE £22,185 - £22,587 p.a)
Contract: Temporary 1 year contract, however this may be extended.
Start Date: As soon as possible
La Salette Catholic Primary School are recruiting for a School Assistant position as part of our established office team for two days each week, working 8.45am – 2.45pm.
Under the instruction/guidance of senior office staff, provide routine administrative/financial support to the school
Duties will include:
- Organisation – undertake reception duties, assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, assist in arrangements for school trips & events
- Administration – provide routine administrative support
- Resources – maintain stocks and supplies
- To undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone, face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- To assist with pupil first aid and welfare, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents, staff etc.
- Assist with arrangements for school trips events etc.
- Provide routine clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, scanning, complete standard forms, and respond to routine correspondence.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/ management information systems.
- Undertake typing, word processing and other ICT based tasks.
- Take notes at meetings
- Undertake routine administration of school lettings and other use of school premises.
- Maintain stocks and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required.
- Undertake general financial administration e.g processing orders/invoices
- Professional and polite personality.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- First Aid Training (desirable)
- General clerical/administrative/financial experience
- SIMS/FMS experience (desirable, although training will be given)
- Be aware of and comply with all school policies and procedures relating to safe guarding, health, safety and security, behaviour & anti-bullying, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Adheres to administrative and financial policy and procedural requirements
- Able to use IT to support school systems
- Competency in using Excel/Word and Microsoft Office
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 22nd April 2021
Interviews: 26th April 2021
Therefore, if you have not received an invitation to interview, your application will have been unsuccessful. It is not possible to contact each individual applicant.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council