Squirrels Heath Junior School
Salisbury Road, Romford, Essex RM2 5TP
Required as soon as possible
Hours: 28.75 hours per week, 5 days per week
Salary: Grade 2, Points 11-15
Contract: Temporary post to cover maternity leave until end of Spring Term 2019
The children, staff and governors of Squirrels Heath Junior School are looking to appoint an energetic and driven individual to join our support team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Teaching Assistant to develop our children.
We can offer:
- A friendly working environment
- Dedicated and caring staff who help and support each other
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with other schools
- An excellent leadership team to support and guide
- Happy, confident, well behaved children who enjoy being at school
- A committed governing body and supportive parents
The successful applicant will:
- Have a GCSE in Maths and English (A-C Grades) and hold an NVQ Level 2 qualification or be working towards
- Have experience in supporting pupils at all levels and ability
- Be involved with classroom support, being able to show effective provision to our children
- Be able to be an effective coordinator
- Have high expectations of all pupils
- Be a committed and flexible team player who will be able to work well with others and share ideas
- Be an ambitious person who is keen to develop their own expertise and who has the desire to achieve
- Have a good sense of humour
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431983.
Closing date for application: Tuesday 4th September at 4pm
Interview date: TBC
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council