Scotts Primary School
Tel: 01708 457019
Head Teacher: Mrs Jan Taylor
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) – SEN 1:1
Hours: 15 hours per week (mornings)
Grade: Grade 2, Points 11-15
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a caring and committed SEN Learning Support Assistant to work alongside a pupil in KS2. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and successful school with a hard-working, enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, including Teaching Assistants and LSAs and so we are looking to fill this appointment with someone who is equally as passionate about children’s learning.
The successful candidate will also need to be a well-educated individual and hold the following:
- Excellent skills in English and maths.
- An NVQ at L2.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, including speech and learning needs.
The post holder will work 1:1 and may also be required to support other children in the class. They need to be pro-active and well-organised with the ability to adapt and prepare resources for use in the classroom setting.
The post holder will also be required to:
- Engage the pupil in their learning and provide support in completing tasks.
- Support the pupil in developing effective communication skills.
- Use strategies to encourage the pupil’s independence.
- Help the pupil in developing social awareness and forming friendships.
- Be positive in outlook and flexible and adaptable to the needs of the child and the classroom setting.
- Take directions from the class teacher but also be willing to use their own initiative.
- Undertake training as necessary.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
Specific training in relation to supporting this pupil will be provided as needed.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
For more details about our school please visit our website on www.scotts.havering.sch.uk
Please apply online.
Closing date: 16th November 2018
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council