Scotts Primary School
Telephone: 01708 457019
Headteacher: Mrs Jan Taylor
School keeper required
Hours: 25 per week on a split shift basis (7am to 9am/3pm to 6pm) Monday to Friday – 52 weeks per year
Salary: Grade 3 spinal points 16-20 (£20,181 - £21,702 FTE)
We are looking to appoint a new school keeper at Scotts Primary school. Scotts has a warm and welcoming environment and the successful candidate will be part of a hard-working and enthusiastic team where staff are friendly and children are well behaved and keen to learn.
Post holder responsibilities will include: security of the school from opening to closing at the end of the school day and carrying out general school keeping duties – including gardening, cleaning, painting, minor repairs, maintenance and porterage duties. The post holder will be required to report to the School Business Manager who also manages the small cleaning team. It is essential that the appointee is a real team player who is willing to work with others to provide a safe and happy working environment for staff and children. Annual leave will be taken during the school holidays and with prior arrangement with the Head Teacher.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Unlocking and locking up of the school including alarm setting
- Being the main key holder and be the first point of contact in an emergency callout situation
- Overall security of the school premises including ensuring everything is locked at night
- Carrying out minor repairs and maintenance of the building and outside areas
- general cleaning including covering for absence of cleaning staff when necessary
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in building maintenance and/or any relevant skills to suit the role.
- Be flexible, hardworking and caring
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as being able to use own initiative
- Be willing to manage own workload and work to effective time management structures
- Have a sense of pride in their role and a commitment to ensuring the school is clean and tidy at all times
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
We can offer:
- A supportive and warm work environment
- Friendly, committed and enthusiastic team of staff
- Polite and well behaved pupils
- On-going training and a commitment to providing professional development
Please apply online.
Closing date: Thursday 21st March 2019
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Tracey Walker in the school office on 01708 457019
Scotts Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council