Teacher of Business/ICT
TPS (Outer London)
Required: September 2019
We are seeking to appoint a committed, innovative and enthusiastic professional. You will be committed to achieving high standards of teaching and learning through the delivery of motivating and well-planned lessons. You will be a reflective practitioner who is creative, research-engaged and unwavering in having high expectations of all pupils.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a rigorous approach to the delivery of Business and ICT across both KS3 and KS4;
- Have experience of designing engaging schemes of work;
- Be enthusiastic about the subject with the ability to inspire, develop and encourage independence and resilience in our pupils;
- Have outstanding classroom management skills, high expectations and a commitment to the best possible outcomes for all students;
- Have experience of providing successful intervention for underperforming pupils.
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn;
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills.
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 school in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic students. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy. If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney. Closing date for applications is 10th May 2019.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.