Rush Green Primary School
Dagenham Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 0TL
Telephone: 0208 270 4940
Headteacher: Mr S Abeledo
Hours: 8:30am - 3:30pm, 5 days a week
Salary: Scale 4, points 7-10 (£22,377 - £23,607 FTE)
Rush Green Primary School are looking for a highly qualified Teaching Assistant to work as part of an outstanding, dynamic and effective team.
The applicant must have:
- Level 3 qualification in supporting Teaching and Learning in schools.
- Hold GCSE Qualifications in English and Maths to at least grade C.
- Proven experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities.
- An understanding of assessment.
- Some knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with different learning needs.
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with young children.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Calm, controlled and effective communication skills who can relate well to all children and adults within the school.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this.
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school.
- Competent in the use of ICT.
- Be willing to develop a full working knowledge, understanding and adherence to relevant school polices, practice and procedures.
A knowledge of Speech and Language strategies, as well as working with Communication Tables and Workstations would be an advantage.
Additionally, we are looking for a person who is cheerful, positive and willing to go the extra mile. Is enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative. Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
You would be expected to:
- Work under direct supervision of the class teacher but at times be expected to use your own initiative to organise activities and tasks.
- Work in partnership with other teaching assistants.
- Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupils’ progress and thereby contribute greatly to assessment.
- Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for pupils.
- Create resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate.
- Attend 4 INSET days per year and any training that is identified by the Head Teacher.
Please apply online.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 3rd June 2019
INTERVIEWS: Friday 7th June 2019
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council