Hilldene Primary School
Tel: 01708 342453
Head Teacher: Mrs G Delmonte
Learning Support Assistant with responsibility for Speech and Language
Hours: 25 hours per week over 5 days/39 weeks per year
Salary: Grade 3, points 5-9. Pro Rata salary of £12,738 - £13,679 p.a. (FTE £21,591 - £23,187 p.a.)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a specialist assistant to work with children who have speech and language needs. Initially the contract will be for one year, but there is a possibility of extending this if funding continues.
The successful candidate will work alongside our Speech and Language Teacher to provide high quality interventions for children with speech and/or language impairments.
We are looking for someone who:
- is able to observe and evaluate how children communicate.
- is able to work within a team with a positive attitude.
- is able to work with groups of children, keeping them on-task and motivated.
- has a full understanding of child protection and child health and safety issues.
- has the ability to plan and organize their workload effectively.
Ideally we would like you to:
- be able to understand pupils’ speech and language needs and independently plan intervention work.
- have undertaken Elklan Training.
- have knowledge and/or experience of Language Link and Speech Link.
We are able to offer training and support for the right person!
Please apply online.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: 27th February 2020 at 12:00pm
Interview Date: w/c 9th March 2020
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council