East London Academy of Design and Engineering
Yew Tree Avenue, Rainham Road South, Dagenham East, RM10 7FN
Tel: 0203 773 4672
Pastoral Support Manager
Hours: 39 hours per week (Full time)/Term time plus 8 days
Salary: Elutec Scale C. Starting Salary of £25,758 pro rata
Start Date: 01 March 2020
Pastoral Support Manager required for March 2020.
Key Responsibility: To provide pastoral support to Elutec students to enable them to achieve their potential and progress on to the appropriate next steps. Act as Deputy Designated Safeguard Lead.
Specific Requirements of Post:
- Working with the AP//DSL/Engagement & Inclusion Manager, to establish and operate the student support system at Elutec.
- To provide a drop-in service for students and staff members who need support and guidance around pastoral or behaviour management issues.
- To liaise with parents, feeder schools and other relevant agencies to establish and maintain appropriate support and guidance for all students at Elutec.
- To manage and embed the system for reporting behavioural incidents and escalating interventions (CPOMS)
- To establish appropriate intervention courses for students, identify students who need the intervention and monitor the success of the courses in terms of changed behaviour of participants.
- To ensure a timely and accurate completion of all administrative duties related to the role
- To be the Deputy DSL.
- To liaise with key staff members to monitor behaviour incidents and, where appropriate, creating personal support plans for students.
- To establish and co-ordinate transitional arrangements for student admissions.
- To lead on the administration of parent consultation evenings.
- To provide guidance for staff members in dealing with specific students who are facing difficulties.
- To monitor bullying and racists incidents and ensure the completion of records is timely and accurate.
- To provide a monthly report to the Principal of all bullying and racist incidents which includes an outline of action taken.
- To monitor student attendance and flag attendance of less than 95% to appropriate staff, parents and, where appropriate, external agencies.
- To provide a monthly report to the Principal of attendance which includes a bullet point outline of trends and changes.
- To liaise with outside agencies regarding attendance and well being of students
- To carry out additional tasks at the request of the Principal or Assistant Principals.
In return we offer a friendly, professional school with appropriate CPD opportunities.
Please apply on line using the Support Staff Application form or by visiting our website www.elutec.co.uk. Application forms should be returned directly to Gillian Howard, HR Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Monday 24th February 2020 at 12:00pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 26th February 2020
Elutec and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services and suitable references along with other essential checks.
Please apply on line using the Support Staff Application form or by visiting our website www.elutec.co.uk. Application forms should be returned directly to Gillian Howard, HR Manager by email to email@example.com
CVs will not be accepted.